Wired's "7 Most Majestic Infrastructure Projects of 2016"
The publication developed a list of projects that were completed in 2016, as well as one to look forward to in 2017
As many media outlets tally their end-of-year lists, Wired has released a list of its own which is somewhat unconventional for the tech magazine: the 7 most “majestic” infrastructure projects of 2016. The list is a mix of intercontinental bridges, endless tunnels, shiny new railways, and others. Here is the complete list:
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub—New York, New York
- SR 520 Floating Bridge—Seattle, Washington
- Gotthard Base Tunnel—Switzerland
- Panama Canal Expansion Project—Panama
- Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge—Istanbul, Turkey
- Addis Ababa-Djibouti Railway—Ethiopia and Djibouti
- Second Avenue Subway—New York, New York
The article also lists the Hong Kong-Zhuahi-Macau Bridge in the Pearl River Delta of China as the infrastructure project to most look forward to in 2017.